Dominicans start yearly exodus for Easter
Santo Domingo.– The Emergency Operations Center (COE) will begin Operation Easter 2014 at 2:00pm Thursday, April 17, with the participation of 32,182 mostly volunteers, who’ll be scattered throughout the highways, beaches and lakes, to prevent accidents and provide safety for the people who head to the interior.
According to the National Palace, the COE installed 2,512 first aid stations with 140 ambulances, 3 helicopters, 48 motorcycle ambulances and six mobile hospitals and a communications network of first responders.
Civil Defense director Luis Luna Paulino urged those going on vacation this Easter Week to take extra care, and added that nearly 5,000 volunteers would be working from Thursday at noon to Sunday evening at 1,500 assistance stations set up where the biggest crowds are expected.
What’s the Nice People Networking website all about?
- Different News sources (Local and International)
- A handy online alphabetic Business Directory presenting each company through attractive color banners with full contact details and links to advertisers own website/Facebook
- Use our Restaurant Guide or Clubs/Bars Guide for your convenience
- Gain real savings by printing out Coupons with various monthly offers and specials to be used at local shops and traders.
- On the page “DR Living” gather interesting and useful information and facts about the Dominican Republic.
- Post your own news and comments on DR News and DR Living.
- Advertise your services / products in our Business Directory, on our Web Pages and on our Coupon page.
- Advertise in our Classifieds section.
- Book Hotel and Tours in our new section Vacation Deals. Pay what Dominicans pay!
- Shop in our NPN Shop page for unique products or services and get a special deal.
- Watch interesting and funny video’s on our page Cool Videos.
- Launch unique events for Free on our page “Local Events” that you, your organization, your company or your club is holding.
- NEW!! Buy a VIP CARD and save when shopping in Sosua and Cabarete.