Hundreds of volunteers, military soldiers and police officers are integrated in the operation Semana Santa 2015
PUERTO PLATA A total of 500, 000 people from voluntary relief agencies, soldiers of the Armed Forces and National Police agents and the AMET, will be distributed throughout the Puerto Plata area to prevent unfortunate accidents and ensure public safety during Easter Holiday.
As stated by President of the Provincial Board of the Civil Defense in Puerto Plata; Julio César Ricardo Parra (Julito), all personnel working in the Operation Easter 2015 under the direction and control of the National Emergency Commission (COE) must be properly identified as a volunteer member of the committee, and wear a special ID.
Ricardo Parra said that the Armed Forces, the municipal council, the National Police, Fire Brigade, Dominican Red Cross, Rescue Amber, AMET, Rescue Scorpions, Ministry of Tourism, Private hospital Emergenciologia Ricardo Limardo, Economic Kitchens, CESTUR Commission Military and Police Public Works, the Ministry of Tourism and other state institutions are integrated to perform the tasks.
He explained that about seven beaches are closed in the province of Puerto Plata, restricting access for bathers, such as Poza del Castillo and Acapulco on the boardwalk in this city, due to high levels of environmental pollution, and the danger of ocean currents and the depth of its waters the following beaches are closed – La Hilera y El Canal in Cabarete, Sosúa Ocean Village in Sosúa, La Poza de Marigate y La Boca del Río Bajabonico in La Isabela Histórica.
The director of Puerto Plata Civil Defense said that under the general regulations of Law 147-02 for the Operation Easter 2015, swimmers will be allowed to remain on the beaches only from 7:00 am to 6:00 pm, all water activities, like deep sea fishing, horse-yola, Windsurfing, Moribooms, Jet Sky and all actions taken on beaches and coastal rivers will be suspended during Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday in Holy Week.
Source: Puerto Plata Digital
NEW PRODUCTS ADDED TO CATALOG:
What’s the Nice People Networking website all about?
We pride ourselves in supplying you the following:
- Different News sources (Local and International)
- A handy online alphabetic Business Directory presenting each company through attractive color banners with full contact details and links to advertisers own website/Facebook
- Use our Restaurant Guide or Clubs/Bars Guide for your convenience
- Gain real savings by printing out Coupons with various monthly offers and specials to be used at local shops and traders.
- On the page “DR Living” gather interesting and useful information and facts about the Dominican Republic.
- Post your own news and comments on DR News and DR Living.
- Advertise your services / products in our Business Directory, on our Web Pages and on our Coupon page.
- Advertise in our Classifieds section.
- Book Hotel and Tours in our new section Vacation Deals. Pay what Dominicans pay!
- Shop in our NPN Shop page for unique products or services and get a special deal.
- Watch interesting and funny video’s on our page Cool Videos.
- Launch unique events for Free on our page “Local Events” that you, your organization, your company or your club is holding.
- NEW!! Buy a VIP CARD and save when shopping in Sosua and Cabarete.
NPN is the largest North Coast advertiser of Quality Trades People/shops, so whenever you need a contractor or business of any kind, then take a look in our Online Business Directory, coupons page, classifieds, npn shopping, where a large variety of traders advertise.
Nice People Networking Residents Club – News – Online Business Directory – Banner, Coupon, VIP Cards and Classifieds Advertising Portal in the Dominican Republic