Agro says US$214.0M Dominican cacao exports set record
Santo Domingo.- The Agriculture Ministry on Tuesday announced cacao exports of US$214.0 million from the country last year, and called it one of the subsectors “which contribute the most hard currency to the national economy,” EFE reports.
It said 69,000 metric tons were exported to markets abroad, surpassing by US$59.0 million the previous year’s export of US$155 million.
In a statement, Agriculture minister Angel Estévez said the record marks the start of a new Year of Cacao (October to July) , with Day of Cacao celebrated on Wednesday, October 1.
The official congratulated the country’s cacao growers, for their work which keeps Dominican Republic at the of the world’s leading organic cacao exporters. “40% of the national cacao production is considered either fine or aromatic worldwide, which places Dominican Republic in the exclusive club of nations that produce the highest quality internationally.”
What’s the Nice People Networking website all about?
- Different News sources (Local and International)
- A handy online alphabetic Business Directory presenting each company through attractive color banners with full contact details and links to advertisers own website/Facebook
- Use our Restaurant Guide or Clubs/Bars Guide for your convenience
- Gain real savings by printing out Coupons with various monthly offers and specials to be used at local shops and traders.
- On the page “DR Living” gather interesting and useful information and facts about the Dominican Republic.
- Post your own news and comments on DR News and DR Living.
- Advertise your services / products in our Business Directory, on our Web Pages and on our Coupon page.
- Advertise in our Classifieds section.
- Book Hotel and Tours in our new section Vacation Deals. Pay what Dominicans pay!
- Shop in our NPN Shop page for unique products or services and get a special deal.
- Watch interesting and funny video’s on our page Cool Videos.
- Launch unique events for Free on our page “Local Events” that you, your organization, your company or your club is holding.
- NEW!! Buy a VIP CARD and save when shopping in Sosua and Cabarete.